Create a payment form
In this article:
- How do I build a payment form?
- Can forms accept recurring payments?
- Changing recurring payment options
- When will recurring payments take place?
- Disabling recurring payments
- Can I set a minimum donation amount?
How do I build a payment form?
Building a payment form is just like building a regular form, with the exception that it will contain one or more "Amount" fields.
To add the amount field to a form, simply change the Form type in the Form Settings box:
You can also change this configuration at any time simply by editing your form and clicking the radio button of your choice.
Can forms accept recurring payments?
Every donation/payment form has recurring options that are enabled by default. This means that your donation/payment amount field will include a Donation Schedule field, to determine the recurring schedule:
Changing recurring payment options
You can change the options by editing the Amount field in your form
- Main Label: The "amount" label
- Recurring Label: The label of the recurring schedule field
- Amount Preferences: one of these options can be chosen
- Only suggested amounts?: Don't allow the user to use a custom amount
- Only custom amount?: Only show a custom amount
- Show both?: Show both suggested and custom amount option
- Allow Recurring: Disable recurring altogether on this form (the recurring label and menu won't show at all)
- Allow end date?: Allow the user to select an end date for the recurring payment
- Suggested Amounts: For any of the suggested amount options, you can set choices the user can select from for one-time donations. The option to pre-select a recurring interval for a suggested amount is also available.
- Set Field Limits: If you select the "Suggested with quantity" option, you'll see a new tab called "Set Field Limits". This is where you can set an inventory or limit for the number of items you have available.
When will recurring payments take place?
Recurring charges occur based on the date of the original donation.
- Weekly and bi-weekly: based on the day of the week
- Monthly and quarterly: based on the date (i.e., the 10th, 15th, etc.) of the original donation. If after the 28th, subsequent payments occur on the 28th
- Annually: based on original donation date
Disabling recurring payments
You can fully disable recurring payments for a form by clicking the Disable Recurring button in Form Settings:
As the note for that button describes, you should do this if you need to capture multiple amounts (e.g., ticket sales and an additional donation). Otherwise, if recurring donations are enabled, there is a limit of one Amount field per form.
If you need to re-enable recurring payments, you can do so at any time.
Can I set a minimum donation amount?
To set a minimum donation amount on your payment/donation form, enter a minimum donation amount in the Minimum Amount box: