Tips on sending email from LGL
Tips on emailing from LGL
In general, emails from LGL work the same way as regular printed mailings in LGL. You have all the same merge fields available and can create all kinds of templates, including ones for acknowledgments, reminders, and so on.
You can send email from LGL in a few different ways:
- To one constituent
- To a handful of selected constituents
- To an entire list/query of constituents
- As an acknowledgment for donations
No matter which method you use, there are also a few basic things to keep in mind when using this feature:
- You must first enable LGL email in order to send emails directly from your LGL account.
- Emails can be from any verified and approved LGL team member (i.e., a user in your LGL account that has logged in at least one time who is either an administrator or has been approved to send email by an administrator).
- Because emails are sent via a server that is different from your regular email server, they may display as "From: Your Name via Mailgun" or "From: Mailgun on behalf of Your Name". If you have your own domain and use it for emailing, you may be able to avoid this).
- Emails must have a subject and some email content.
- It is not advisable to send solicitations or newsletters using this approach. First, style and layout options are limited in the LGL email editor; and second, that is not the intended use of this feature.
- It is not possible to send email attachments at this time.