Team member / user roles and permissions
In this article:
By default, there are three roles: Administrators, Fundraisers, and Volunteers. The details of how permissions work with each role are listed in detail in the tables below, but the basic philosophy is as follows:
Volunteers have limited access. They can:
- See all constituents
- Add a few kinds of records
- Edit only records they have created or which are directly assigned to them
- View almost everything
- Add most kinds of records
- Edit records they have permission to view (with a few exceptions) and delete records they have created
- Administrators can view, add, edit, and delete every kind of record in LGL.
Administrator level users can also request that certain sections of the Constituent record be restricted from view by Fundraiser or Volunteer level users. For more information, or to request a section be restricted from view, please contact our support team.
In addition to the general role-level settings, viewing permissions can be restricted for tasks, documents, contact reports, notes, comments, and mailings/letters.
If you find, after reading through the full descriptions of the default LGL Roles and Permissions, that you need a customized permission role, please send an email to email@example.com describing your needs, and we will let you know what might be possible. It is best if you refer to the default LGL Roles and Permissions document to describe what the new role should and should not be able to do.