Set your default gift type filters and customize Giving Status definitions
In this article
Default gift type filters
When you run a constituent search and include gift-related fields in your search, such as "Gift Date" or "Gift Amount", LGL automatically adds a "Gift Type" field to your search. We do this so that you can see which gift types are included in your gift-related searches.
Your default gift types are also used for each of the Giving Status tags that LGL applies (see below for more on Giving Status tags).
You can choose which gift types should be included by default in Settings > Subscription settings > Gift settings:
The recommended gift types to include are gift, pledge, soft credit, in kind, and matching. Collectively, these represent what we consider a constituent's “total value” in terms of philanthropy, and these are the gift types that are included in the Total Value line (or whichever additional or other gift types you have selected as your default gift types) in the giving summary within a constituent record.
- Read more about the giving summary within a constituent record.
Customizing Giving Status definitions
Your Little Green Light account automatically tags your constituents with a number of Giving Status attributes. You’ll see these Giving Status tags listed at the top of the filter list on the left side of the Constituents tab and in the Giving Summary section in the upper right corner of the constituent record. They can also be searched and exported.
You can customize the criteria LGL uses to apply these tags in Settings > Subscription settings > Gift settings.
Below are options that can be set for each giving status.
- Count: How many donors do you want to classify as top donors? The default value is 100, but you can set it to any number you like.
- Constituent Type: You can set your top donors to be limited to Individual constituents, Organization constituents, or both.
- You can define how far back in time the date of a donor’s first gift can be and still be tagged as a new donor. The default value is 90 days.
- You can define at what point you want to designate a donor as being lapsed. The default value is 18 months, meaning donors whose most recent gift is from 18 or more months ago will be tagged as lapsed.
Consecutive Years Giving
- Year type: If your fiscal year has a start date other than January 1, you can choose to base consecutive years of giving on fiscal years versus calendar years.
- Require current year? If you are in the early part of a year, you might not want to require the current year because if you did you would likely have relatively few consecutive year donors. (For an extreme example, on January 2 you might show zero consecutive year donors.)
- Campaigns: You can restrict the gifts used in the consecutive year calculation by the campaigns you choose.
- Funds: You can restrict the gifts used in the consecutive year calculation by the funds you choose.
- Total giving (annually): If you set this field, the consecutive years giving calculation will be based on donors who have given at least that amount each year.