Constituent giving summary
In this article:
- What data is contained in the gift summary
- How the numbers are calculated
- Giving status
- Generate a "Constituent Giving History" report
The constituent Giving Summary is available on the constituent details page, on the right side of the page:
What data is contained in the gift summary
The gift summary shows highlights, including the first gift, the most recent gift, and the largest gift.
Below this data, you see a breakdown of giving by gift type. This breakdown has two columns, one for all dates and one for this year. Date ranges can be changed, so you can compare this year to last year or other years to each other.
Totals for gift types that include other income and related gifts are shown below the fundraising information.
How the numbers are calculated
- First: The first contribution and date
- Latest: The most recent contribution and date
- Largest: The biggest single contribution and date
- Status: The constituent's giving status
- Goals: Goals associated with the constituent
- By gift type: A list of each gift by type with a count and total amount. Clicking these links will bring up a list of all gifts by type
- Total value: This number is the sum of all contributions (cash and otherwise), including gifts, in-kind donations, pledges, soft credits, and matching gifts.
LGL automatically calculates giving status information based on the constituent’s giving history.
- Top 100 donor: Calculated based on the total giving of all constituents, ranked in descending order.
- Active donor: Set for all constituents who have donated within the past 18 months.
- Lapsed donor: Set for all constituents who have donated at some point, but not within the last 18 months.
Note: It is possible to adjust the time frame defining a lapsed donor by going to Settings > Subscription settings > Gift settings, and scrolling down the "Giving Status" section to adjust the setting.
- Non donor: Set for all constituents who have never donated to your organization.
Generate a "Constituent Giving History" report
It is possible to generate a report based on the constituent giving history for multiple constituents by building a constituent report and selecting the "Constituent Giving Summary (PDF)" option from the Report Template dropdown menu, as shown here: