New pricing for Little Green Light, in full effect as of March 2023
This article answers questions you might have about the pricing change that Little Green Light announced via this blog post on January 13, 2022. The updated pricing goes into effect at different times, depending on when your account was created:
- New accounts created on or after March 1, 2022, will start on the new pricing
- Accounts created prior to March 1, 2022, can:
- Opt to move early to the new pricing, or
- Wait to be moved to the new pricing automatically in March 2023
- If you wait to be moved in March 2023, you will see the new pricing on any invoice that spans beyond March 2023: The invoice will show two time spans with the new pricing affecting the period after March 2023.
In this article:
- Why is LGL making this pricing change?
- What is the new pricing, and how does it compare with the old pricing?
- When will my account be affected by the new pricing?
- How do I switch to the new pricing early, and why would I want to?
- Video: Should you switch to the new pricing early?
Why is LGL making this pricing change?
We work hard to keep our prices as low as possible. However, the costs we bear in delivering the service have risen, and we have to accept this reality. We are very happy with the number of improvements we’ve added to LGL over the ten years since we last raised prices across the board, and we look forward to making many more improvements over the coming years that will continue to raise LGL’s value to our customers. Lastly, this change includes simplifying LGL pricing through the removal of the fee we have been charging for the use of LGL forms.
What is the new pricing, and how does it compare with the old pricing?
The new pricing is based on the same constituent tiers as the old pricing, with the first tier still covering up to 2,500 constituent records. The price of the first tier is moving to $45 compared with the previous price of $39, and each subsequent tier will be +$15 per tier instead of +$10 per tier.
The other change is that the 1% LGL forms fee goes away when you’re on the new pricing plan.
This table compares the current pricing plan to the new pricing plan:
LGL will continue to offer discounts for pre-payment of the subscription fee, as follows:
- Prepay for 3 months = 2.5% discount
- Prepay for 6 months = 5% discount
- Prepay for 12 months = 10% discount
When will my account be affected by the new pricing?
Newly created accounts
Accounts created on or after March 1, 2022, will be on the new pricing plan and cannot switch to the legacy pricing plan. Account creation refers to the initial creation of an account, meaning at the beginning of the 30-day free evaluation period.
Accounts created prior to March 1, 2022, will remain on the old pricing until March 2023, unless they select the new pricing early (more on that below).
If you prepay for multiple months, even accounts staying on the old pricing will see the new pricing reflected on invoices prior to March 2023. Here’s why:
When we generate an invoice, say for the upcoming 12-month period, we look ahead to those 12 months to see what the monthly fee will be for each month, based on your current constituent tier. If the invoice period extends past March 2023, then some of your invoice period will be billed at the new rate. In that case, your invoice will reflect both the old and the new pricing for the two periods, respectively.
How do I switch to the new pricing early, and why would I want to?
You will be able to make this switch (as of March 1, 2022) by going to the Billing & payment page in your LGL account (in Settings > Subscription settings > Billing & payment). NOTE: Once you switch to the new pricing plan, you cannot switch back to the legacy pricing plan.
If you are on the old pricing plan, you will be moved automatically to the new pricing plan in March 2023. But you can switch earlier, as of March 1, 2022, to the new pricing, which you may want to do in order to take advantage of the removal of fees for using LGL forms.
The effect of switching to the new pricing is twofold:
- We will begin using the new price table to debit your account. So for an account in the 2,500-constituent tier, instead of debiting your account by $39 per month we’ll begin debiting at $45 per month. If you’ve prepaid for multiple months, we will not issue a new invoice until your balance is depleted.
- If you switch to the new pricing plan, we will no longer charge you the 1% fee for using LGL forms for payment processing. Those charges occur at the beginning of each month for transactions from the prior month. So if you switch to the new pricing plan in the middle of a month, you will not be billed the 1% fee for LGL forms transactions that occur that month or thereafter.
Video: Should you switch to the new pricing early?
This video walks existing customers (on accounts started prior to March 1, 2022) through the price change and how to decide if you're better off switching to the new pricing early.