NCOA service through LGL
About the NCOA service through LGL
LGL offers the option to run your constituents through the NCOA process. This service requires you to pay a fee of $150. Typically, the process takes 1 to 2 weeks to complete from the time you submit your request.
In this article:
What is NCOA?
If you have never had this service performed, you'll likely find 5 to 15 percent of your constituents have updated addresses compared to the ones in your LGL account. Note that we recommend using the service no more than once a year.
Yes. Any mail house you work with to send mailings is likely already doing this. Many other NCOA providers are available as well.
Can I import NCOA changes from a mail house back into LGL?
If you use a provider other than LGL and want to import the changes back into LGL, your export sent to the processor must include the LGL Constituent ID and the LGL Address ID. If you want to then import the NCOA updates into your LGL account, the processor must retain those fields when they give your your data back.
What to know about NCOA service through LGL
- LGL will run all your "mailable" constituents (those who are not deceased are not marked "do not mail" in Communication Tags and have a complete address) through the NCOA process.
- LGL will pull only one address per constituent: The "Preferred" mailing address.
- LGL performs the export, runs the list through the NCOA process, formats the file returned for import/update of your LGL account, and imports the data. Codes are added indicating which constituents were run through NCOA, and old addresses are retained and marked inactive.
- We format returning addresses in Proper Case (not ALL CAPS), so your addresses in LGL will appear like "City", not "CITY".
- You will need to pre-pay for the service and then authorize LGL (we use third parties to run your list through the central database).
- If you use "Seasonal address" coding, only the address that is valid at the time LGL runs the export will be checked in the process. For example, if Person X has a "preferred" address with valid dates of April 1 through Sep 30 and a second address with valid dates of Oct 1 through Mar 31 and LGL runs the NCOA in February, then the only address that will be checked would be the "second" address, because that is the preferred address in Feb.
- LGL's NCOA service is limited to updating addresses in your LGL account. The service does not include USPS bulk mail assistance service such as bar coding or USPS zip code sorting.
- While LGL exports can provide basic sorting by zip code, maximum bulk mail discounts are available only through a mail house.
- The NCOA process does not and cannot complete addresses that are partial; constituents with partial address information will not be processed.
Submit your NCOA service request
- In your account, go to Settings > Subscription Settings > Data Services and choose the "NCOA Processing Request", as shown here:
- Review the information carefully, and complete the form using a credit card
- You will receive an email with further instructions. If you have not received and completed this form within a few business days of completing the request form, please let us know by sending email to email@example.com
- When the NCOA process has been completed, you will need to spend some time reviewing the results