Resync incorrect or incomplete LGL forms submission records to your account
In this article:
- Why resync incorrect or incomplete LGL forms submission records?
- General guidelines for troubleshooting your form mapping
- Unsaving LGL form submissions that were previously saved
- Testing your form LGL mapping updates
- Reyncing the LGL forms submissions
Why resync incorrect or incomplete LGL forms submission records?
If you notice that the data submissions coming through your LGL form are incorrect or incomplete, it is likely that your form mapping needs to be corrected so that the data will come through as expected.
Once any mapping issues are found and updated, the changes will apply to all future form submissions. It’s crucial to test the form to make sure it is working properly, and to apply your mapping corrections to previously submitted form data by unsaving and resyncing the form submission records.
Detailed instructions for this process are included in the sections that follow.
General guidelines for troubleshooting your form mapping
Some general ways to find the cause/s of incorrect or incomplete data in your form submissions require making sure that:
- Each field in your form is mapped to the correct field in Little Green Light
- You’ve added all the defaults that are needed
- You’ve tested your form thoroughly, one submission at a time, in all the different ways in which your users may submit it, to find additional areas needing work or to confirm that all is working as expected
NOTE: When you have learned this cycle, you can apply it to every form you map.
Unsaving LGL form submissions that were previously saved
When there are submission records from your LGL form that contain incorrect or incomplete data, your first step will be to inspect and correct the form’s mapping to make sure all fields are mapped correctly.
Then, to correct the existing form submissions, you can unsave them from your LGL account and resync them, which will cause the data to be corrected and re-added to your LGL account.
To do this, navigate to the Saved page in your LGL Forms Submission Queue, locate the specific submission/s, and click "Undo Save".
Testing your mapping updates
Please follow these instructions to test how your form data will appear once it is saved in your account.
Resyncing the LGL forms submissions
Your final step is to find the submissions in LGL forms that you had unsaved and to resync them, which will bring the data back into the LGL forms Submission Queue in your LGL account. To do this, navigate to the Submissions page in LGL forms and click "Re-sync to LGL" for each applicable submission.
The submission/s will then land in your Unsaved LGL Forms Submission Queue, where you can review/save them.