In this article:
- Home tab
- Constituents tab
- Fundraising tab
- Activity tab
- Mailings tab
- Forms tab
- Settings tab
You can navigate around LGL by clicking on the various sections or tabs at the top of each page. A specific Knowledge Base category is dedicated to each section. Here's an overview of what you'll find in each section:
From Home > Dashboard, you can get a summary of your fundraising, goals and tasks, and other activities.
To see your entire list of constituents, click on the Constituents tab.
From here you can run advanced searches, filter results, build custom lists, click in to review full constituent details, edit constituents, export data in spreadsheet or PDF format, and lots more.
To see all fundraising-related information, click on the Fundraising tab. This will give you access to all gifts, in-kind gifts, pledges, soft credits and other related gifts, and tributes.
From here you can view gifts by date range, filter them by multiple criteria, and export them in PDF or spreadsheet format. You can also view, add, and edit all of your campaigns, funds, appeals, and events.
A key feature of LGL is that you can track all of your interactions with every one of your constituents. To see all activity, click on the Activity tab.
LGL includes a powerful set of mail merge tools that you can access and manage from the Mailings tab
LGL accounts include access, for the Administrator and Gift Entry roles, to an LGL Forms account. LGL Forms let you create web-based forms for collecting information and donations from your website visitors.
Administrators can manage all of your subscription-level settings (fiscal year, account name, billing and payment, menu options, look and feel, etc.) on the Settings tab.
Here are a few key definitions and conventions that are used throughout LGL:
- Subscription: Your subscription is your organization’s unique, private instance of LGL. It is a web application that we host on our servers, and only you and your users have access to it.
- Team members and users: You can add an unlimited number of team members or users to your subscription. Each will have an account as defined below.
- Account: Each user has an account that defines the access that he or she has to your LGL subscription. Each user account has a role assigned to it that controls access and permissions (see roles and permissions).
- Home/Dashboard: Your home page or dashboard is where you land when you first log in, and it shows your activity calendar, fundraising summary information, and a quick constituent search.
- Constituents: Constituents are people and organizations that you have (or want to have) a relationship with. You can search for and browse through your constituents on the Constituents tab.
- Fundraising: Fundraising in LGL covers campaigns, funds, appeals, events, all gift types, pledges, installments, and goals, and all of it is housed within the Fundraising tab.
- Activity: Activity in LGL covers the whole spectrum of your interactions with your constituents, from gift, pledge, installment, and goal information to tasks, contact reports, notes, documents, and comments. The Activity tab provides a global view of all activity for all constituents, while each constituent details page shows constituent-specific activity.
- Documents: Documents can be uploaded into LGL as attachments, or created and edited online as web documents. Documents also include bulk mailings and mailing templates.
Tabs are used for global navigation, and they tell you where you are. You can quickly navigate between the major areas within LGL by clicking the desired tab.
If you have any questions about what you can do on a page, you can read relevant help information by clicking on the question mark in that area of the application. Or you can reference this article (you're in the right place!).
Every page has some standard actions you can perform. Generally speaking, buttons perform page-level actions (like editing or deleting the constituent or task you are looking at) while icons on their own, or next to hyperlinks, apply to specific items within the page.
- The plus sign indicates that you can add something new
- The notepad with a pencil indicates you can perform an edit
- The red X icon signifies you can delete or remove a particular item
Every list in LGL has one or more filters that can help you get to the information you need more quickly.
Click on a filter to apply it, and uncheck it or click on it again to remove it.