Sending email directly from Little Green Light
Note: In order to email directly from LGL, you must first enable the LGL email feature in your account.
In this article:
- Turn on the LGL Email setting
- Send your emails
- Track your email stats
The ability to send transactional email* directly from Little Green Light is included in your account. This feature allows you to send emails that look like a typical email that was sent using an email application such as Microsoft Outlook or Google Mail.
NOTE: Emailing directly from LGL is subject to certain limits.
Turn on the LGL Email setting
To begin sending transactional emails from your account, first navigate to your Settings > Integration Settings > LGL Email page and click the Activate LGL Email button, as shown here.
Send your emails
After you have turned on the setting, you are free to send transactional emails to your constituents as described in these help articles:
- Email templates
- Create an email acknowledgment template
- Sending email to one constituent
- Send email acknowledgments
- Sending email to several constituents at once
Track your email stats
Once you begin using this feature to send transactional emails to your constituents, the details of your emails will be tracked and available for you to review on the LGL Email page, as shown here:
Please also keep in mind that emailing directly from LGL is subject to certain limitations, in the same way as emailing from any provider is.
Email status definitions
What is counted in each status:
- Pending - Email is in draft or queued to be sent
- Processed - LGL has sent the email
Status of processed emails:
- Unconfirmed - No word back from the recipient’s server (email was likely delivered)
- Delivered - Delivery to recipient confirmed or 24 hours have passed with no failure
- Opened - Opened by recipient (includes “Clicked”)
- Unopened - Not opened by recipient
- Clicked - Recipient clicked one or more links in the email
- Unsubscribed - Recipient unsubscribed via the email service
- Failed - Failure of delivery has been confirmed
- Bounced - Was sent but rejected on the recipient’s end
- Dropped - Delivery not attempted (prior bounce or spam case)
- Error - Email address likely invalid
- Invalid - Email address is not valid
- Rejected - Email service rejected the request to send
- Undeliverable - Not sent; failed LGL’s deliverability test
* A transactional email is addressed to a single person and is used to complete a transaction. An example of a transactional email is an acknowledgment letter sent as an email message.