Limits on sending email directly from Little Green Light
In this article:
- Monthly and daily limits and metering
- Reputation management
Monthly and daily limits and metering
Please note the limits on how many emails you can send. Monthly limits apply to email senders in good standing who are also customers with a paid subscription. Daily limits apply to prospective customers who are in their free evaluation period, and to those who have subscribed to Little Green Light but who have not yet paid for their subscription.
- You can send multiple times the maximum number of constituents in your account tier, per calendar month, depending on your account tier, as follows:
- For 2,500 constituents and under, you can send 4 times your maximum, or up to 10,000 emails
- For 5,000 constituents and under, you can send up to 3 times your maximum, or up to 15,000 emails
- For 10,000 and beyond, you can send twice the number of your upper tier (2 x 10,000)
- When the email limit is reached, you won’t be able to send more emails until the next month.
- Constituent email status will be updated with each send. It will also periodically update to reflect new stats for clicks, unsubscribes, and other changes. You can see these stats on your Direct Email page in Settings > Integration Settings > Direct Email, as shown here:
- For accounts still in the free evaluation period, you can send no more than 100 emails per day.
- If you have subscribed to Little Green Light but have not yet paid for your subscription, you can send no more than 250 emails per day.
- If you are a newly activated (for LGL Direct Email) customer with no emailing history, you can send 100 emails per day, until your reputation is established.
- If you are a newly activated (for LGL Direct Email) customer with emailing history, you will be able to send more emails, based on your reputation status. Possible reputation statuses are:
- Good standing: No daily limit
- Unknown standing: 250 per day
- Trial accounts: 100 per day
- Poor standing: 50 per day
- Bad standing: 0 per day
- When the email limit is reached, you won’t be able to send more emails until the next day.
- Constituent email status will be updated with each send. It will also periodically update to reflect new stats for clicks, unsubscribes, and other changes. You can see these stats on your LGL Direct Email page in Settings > Integration Settings > LGL Email, as shown here:
When your limit is reached while your email is being sent
If you queue an email to send and your email limit is reached before the email has completed sending, the email will stop sending until the limit frees up once more.
In the case of the 250-email limit, the limit would be lifted the following day. In the case of the monthly limit, the limit would be lifted the following month.
The deliverability of your email depends on your reputation as an email sender. If you have a high deliverability rate, you’ll have no restriction on sending emails. As deliverability rate decreases, more restrictions will apply to how much email you can send.
For example, if you are a subscribing account that is just starting to send email, once you've sent 1,000 emails without any serious issues in terms of deliverability the daily email sending limit would be lifted.
Delivery rates and their definitions
Deliverability is calculated as good, OK, poor, or bad according to these delivery rates:
- Good = “High delivery rate”
- OK = “Medium delivery rate”
- Poor = “Low delivery rate”
- Bad = “Very low delivery rate
“Sent”, “Opened”, and “Clicked” emails count as good, whereas “Bounced”, “Errors”, and “Unsubscribes” count as bad.